How it works
We adapt our property manager services to bring out the best in your investment. We listen to your portfolio goals and gear your strategy towards maximum growth.
The Grand Plan
We’ll create a custom strategy to maximise your returns. Whether you’re buying your first home or you have a portfolio of properties, we’ll find the right property management strategy for you. We’ll tell you if you’re better off with long or short-term tenants.
We’ll handle everything from Hello to goodbye. We specialise in end to end property management. Everything happens in-house, from marketing to sales. We keep our operations smooth with our systems, technology and frameworks.
We’ll attract the right tenants or guests. We specialise in professional property photography and 3D virtual property tours to bring your property to life – and if we think your place could do with a new look, we’ll style it to attract the right tenant or buyer.
We’ll repay you with more than returns. The way we manage properties gives landlords more time to play, or to plot their next purchase. Once we take over your property manager services, we’ll only be in touch about the things you really need to know about. We won’t bombard you, but you’ll always have access to your finances through your online portal.
We care about aftercare. Whether your property is suited to long-term tenants or short stays, your guests and tenants get access to our 24 hour emergency maintenance team. We’ll make sure any repairs are completed with care – no quick fixes, only speedy solutions.
We’ll help you manage your portfolio. If you’re looking for an investment property, we can find the best option to suit your goals and ideal returns. And when you’re ready to sell, we’re the best real estate agents in South Australia to handle your campaign.
Short-term rentals can earn a return of 40-80% more than leases over 12 months, but a good property plan should always be tailored to suit your needs, goals and your financial flexibility (yep, we specialise in property plans – just send us a message).
Some seasons are more profitable than others, so if you need consistent payments to cover costs, a long-term tenant might be a better fit for you.
Hosting might seem like a lot of work, but our experienced property managers love to create memorable experiences for guests. Use our short-term rental calculator to check how much you could make by renting your home to holidaymakers and more.
Getting good returns shouldn’t be hard work for landlords. By offering end to end property management, we’ll help you find a strategy that suits your property goals and needs.
- We’ll create a competitive listing with professional property photography and virtual tours of properties
- We’ll review tenant applications and help you choose the right one
- We’ll set up the tenant with utilities and make sure they understand how the property works
- We’ll always be there to help them with maintenance issues (and we keep landlords across any repairs)
- We’ll inspect the property regularly to make sure it’s in good condition
If you’d like to spend time at your property, Hello Host can also create a short-stay strategy for you.
If you’re not happy with your property manager services, we can help.
To move your property manager services to Hello Real Estate, you’ll need to:
- Give written notice that you’d like to terminate the agreement with your existing agency. Typically, you’ll need to give 30 days notice but it’s negotiable if your current contract has expired or there’s a vacating tenant.
- Fill out our template letter explaining that Hello Real Estate will be managing your property moving forward, then send it to your current agency.
- Sign a management agreement with us and we can take care of the rest.
From here, we’ll:
- Get in touch with your current agency (by phone and in writing) to introduce ourselves on your behalf. We’ll ask that they hand over all of your property’s paperwork by an agreed date.
- We’ll tell your tenant about the change of management, introduce ourselves, and let them know how to pay rent, and deal with maintenance or repairs.
- We’ll collect the keys and all the important paperwork from your previous agency.
We’ll inspect the property as soon as we can to address any issues with the tenant or home. We want to give you the best property manager services moving forward.
We take our commission from your property’s returns.
Our property manager services include:
- Managing your rates and listing
- Tenant experience (we’ll find the right tenant and keep them smiling)
- Account services
- Property repairs and maintenance
Outside of our commission, we need to set up your listing. These extra costs cover things like professional property photography, 3D virtual property tours, advertising the listing and conducting inspections.
If you list your property for short-term stays, Hello Host will charge you for consumables, but guests pay for cleaning. These costs will vary depending on the services you need at your property. Basic amenities like coffee or toilet paper are about $15 per booking, and when you run out, Hello Host will restock your supplies.
We love matchmaking, so we’ll find the right tenant for the right property. We screen our short-term guests through our Hello Host systems, and we take long-term rental applications through Tenant Options.
We filter through these applications and give landlords the best options. After the tenant moves in, we inspect the property quarterly.
We’re a little picky about our short stay guests:
- Parties are a no (and so are school-leavers)
- We check for bad reviews from hosts on other platforms
- All of our properties have minimum age requirements
- We take a security deposit to cover potential property damage
You need to have a licence to deliver property manager services. We only use experienced property managers at Hello Real Estate and Hello Host, so your place is always in a professional pair of hands.
What people say about us
Sam, SA“A great property management service by great people!”
Emily and team's services are professional, efficient and just absolutely fantastic! All interactions be it ours or clients have been dealt with quickly and stress-free. Highly recommended!
Christine, SA“I’ve found them to be great at communication and they give exceptional service to my guests, all whilst attaining high occupancy of my property ... I’m very happy with their service.”